West Sac Little League Covid-19
Physical Distancing and Safety Plan
The following plan has been established to resume Little League Baseball activities while protecting and supporting our Board Members, Volunteers, Players, and Spectator’s health. We will practice social distancing, and promote proper hand washing and disinfecting to minimize risks of COVID-19. This guidance has been approved by the local league’s Board of directors.
IF EXPOSED TO COVID OR HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID
- If a Player/Parent/Guardian or Caretaker is exposed to COVID whether directly or indirectly:
- All individuals in contact with COVID or have symptoms of COVID MUST notify the coach as soon as possible so the coach can notify all players he/she has been in contact with to limit spread.
- Isolation for individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 can now end after 5 days, but only if the person has no symptoms or symptoms are improving, tests negative on day 5 or later, and wears a mask that fits and filters well over their mouth and nose when around others indoors until day 10. As part of the new guidance, home antigen test results will now be accepted as proof of either a negative or positive test. At minimum, an individual should document their home test result with a photo of the test result, the individual’s name, and date and time of collection.
HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR FACILITIES
- We will frequently clean and disinfect any regularly touched surfaces, such as equipment, doorknobs, tables, chairs, and restrooms per CDC guidelines.
- Snack-bar volunteers will follow CDC guidelines.
PRACTICE PROCEDURES GUIDANCE
- All players and coaches may not enter the practice areas if they have any of the following:
- Fever or Chills
- Shortness of Breath or Trouble Breathing
- Sore Throat
- Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Players Do Not Need Face Coverings while on the practice field.
- While in the dugout, face coverings are not required but is up to the player's discretion.
- Players and Coaches MUST bring their own water to practices.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own equipment to practice (Helmet, Bat etc..)
- Team bats and helmets MUST BE and WILL BE DISINFECTED before another player uses the equipment during practice.
- Baseballs will need to be disinfected after each practice as well.
- Players, managers/coaches, and umpires will bring their own personal drinks to all practices and games. Drinks should be labeled with the person’s name and there will be no sharing.
- We are not requiring face masks but players can choose to wear one.
- All individual players bags will not be permitted in the dugout at this time and is to be hung on the outside of the dugouts back fence.
- If applicable, players should have their own individual batter’s helmet, glove and bat and must be marked appropriately.
- Player’s equipment (e.g. bags, helmets, bats, gloves, etc.) should be cleaned and disinfected after each game/practice by a parent, guardian, or caretaker at home.
- Each team on defense will use their own “game baseballs” helping to minimize contact use.
- “Warm-up baseballs” should be separated from game balls and disinfected after use.
- Any foul balls landing outside the field of play should be retrieved by players, coaches, or umpires. No spectators should retrieve foul balls.
- In the event that a spectator does touch a baseball, it shall be disinfected before being used.
- The catcher should be retrieving foul and passed balls as much as possible.
- The league will give each team extra balls due to COVID concerns.
Limit League / Game Volunteers
- Designated safety parent shall be positioned directly outside the dugouts to assist with any issues that should arise during the game.
- Practices should be limited to the managers/coaches and players.
- The person scorekeeping shall bring the printed sheet and may sit near the infield, maintaining social distance protocols from the field of play.
- It will be the responsibility of the managers/coaches to forward the stats, scores, and results of the game to league officials and division managers.
- Only 1 individual will be allowed in the Press box to run the scoreboard, unless the space is large enough to accommodate social distancing.
Field Preparation and Maintenance
- Fields should be mowed, raked, and lined prior to teams and spectators arriving at the complex and after they depart. This will be done by Managers/Coaches only.
Post Game Practices
- There will no hand shake at the end of the games, instead the players from each team will line up at their respective foul lines and tip their hats to the other team.
SPECTATOR VIEWING AND FIELDS
Expectation of Parents and Guests
- All spectators should follow best social distancing practices; stay six feet away from individuals outside their household, avoid direct hand or other contact with players/managers/coaches during play.
A spectator with any of the following conditions should not attend a practice or game until evaluated by a medical provider and given clearance to do so:
- Active COVID-19 infection
- Known direct contact with an individual testing positive for COVID-19
- Those at higher risk for severe disease should consider consultation with their medical provider before attending a game and should ensure the strictest adherence to guidelines regarding face coverings, distancing, and hand washing.
In order for this to work, we need everyone to help participate in keeping COVID out of our league so we can maintain a full healthy season for all our players, parents and volunteers.